Tuesday, January 6, 2009

06 January 2009




BTW: I cut and pasted a few things on this post and paid the price. The format got all F#@KED, its readable, but you can post your comments if it bothers you. But I did post a rather fit female to brighten the post.

East Meets West. Quite literally. Sam returned yesterday from South Florida, I returned yesterday from San Diego, and we had ourselves a back to work WOD with Herbert joining us. The workout we did was straight from a recent Crossfit HQ posting, so I will just copy and paste that...

WOD:

With a continuously running clock do one 135 pound Clean and Jerk the first minute, two 135 pound Clean and Jerks the second minute, three 135 pound Clean and Jerks the third minute...continuing as long as you are able.

Use as many sets each minute as needed.

Sam: Performed 6 Rounds Successfully and 4 C&J's on the seventh @ #105

Herbie: Performed 6 Rounds Successfully and 2 C&J's on the seventh @ #75

Brett: Performed 6 Rounds Successfully and 4 C&J's on the seventh as Rx'd


What is up with that Seventh Round?


m/42/202/5'11"

7 rounds + 5, first time

In the fifth round I was done in 22 seconds, so I am thinking 10 rounds is a piece of cake maybe more. In round six I felt a wave hit me on the last couple reps and near the end of round 7 I felt like I was standing in sand. Massive metabolic breakdown.

Comment #140 - Posted by: p. l. at January 2, 2009 4:16 AM


The above comment, ripped from the HQ site, sounded just about right to me, though I must say that I was not quite as optimistic after, for me, the fifth round, but I thought then that I could make it through seven rounds. As p. l. said, 'massive metabolic breakdown'.


I had never done this type of workout before, it has come up a number of time on the main site but usually involving pullups. It has never seemed to exciting to me. This however is the first time that I have seen it involving Clean & Jerks...


I Heart Cleans


So we did this. Crossfit never disappoints, I enjoyed this one. Slowly, but forcibly turn up the power...


To Eleven.


Sam I thought did very well, however on his cleans he has developed a habit to split his step on the catch. I have never seen that before, it does not seem natural to me, the rest of the movement looks good, I really don't know what to think about it. We'll practice some more and see what happens when the bar gets heavier.






No comments: